Warning Signs of Gum Disease
If you are worried that you may have periodontal (gum) disease, you’re not alone. The truth is, many Canadians have gum disease and many do not know it. Periodontal diseases can range from minor gum irritation to serious disease that results in significant damage to the soft tissue and bone that support the teeth. In the worst cases, teeth are lost.
Below are some of the warning signs that you may be suffering from a form of periodontal (gum) disease.
- Gums that bleed when you brush or floss
- Red, swollen, or tender gums
- Persistent bad breath
- Gums that have pulled away from the teeth
- Sensitive teeth
- Pus between the teeth and gums
- Loose or separating teeth
- A change in the way teeth fit together when biting