If you are experiencing dental pain, swelling, or fever, you may contact Dr. Freiberg on his cell phone. (His phone number is listed on the office answering machine at 286-9175.) Medication to alleviate pain and infection will likely be prescribed until an appropriate appointment time can be scheduled during regular business hours. In the case of trauma (i.e. a knocked out tooth or a bitten tongue), Dr. Freiberg may need to see you immediately.
Most tooth and mouth pain is best managed by over the counter, anti-inflammatory medications like ibuprofen (i.e. Advil or Motrin). Pain can often be managed with as little as 200-400mg of ibuprofen up to four times per day. If pain persists, 500mg of acetominophen (i.e. Tylenol) can be added to the ibuprofen. In extreme cases, a narcotic like Tylenol 3 may need to be prescribed.
Your Rights as a Patient
- You have the right to the best dental treatments available regardless of insurance policy restrictions.
- You have a right to ask your dentist to explain all the treatment options regardless of coverage or cost.
- You have a right to ask about treatment alternatives and be
told, in language you can understand, the advantages and disadvantages
- You have a right to know in advance the type and expected cost of treatment.
- You have the right to seek a second opinion for any recommended treatment.
- You have a right to expect dental team members to use appropriate infection and sterilization controls.
- You have a right to be treated in a professional and ethical manner by your dentist and dental team.
- You have a right to know the education and training of your dentist and the dental team.